Monday, April 16, 2007

Wedding dresses I won't be wearing




Jesse and I went down to Alabama over the weekend for my sister's wedding, which was wonderful (I'll post those photos in a second). While I was there I also went on my first wedding dress shopping trip with my mom. I know it's still really early to start looking at dresses, but since my parents live in Alabama and I live in Philadelphia, this was one of the only chances I would get to go with my Mom before the big day. We went to David's Bridals in Tuscaloosa, which was okay, but none of the dresses really stood out to me. I definitely didn't find "the one" or anything like that. At least now I have a better idea of what I'm looking for though (no halter dresses, no big frou frou skirts, and no crazy lace-all-over patterns) and my mom and I had fun. So, here are three that I definitely won't be wearing on my wedding day. And I should credit my Mom with the awesome camera skills.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! You're a beautiful woman with a sense of humor, otherwise no one would post pics like that. I love the one that looks like a cake! I had so much trouble finding a dress too, my heart goes out to you. I finally had luck with http://www.gatheringguide.com/ec/bridal_shops_dresses.html and can't recommend them enough. Ta!